CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, June 14, 2008

My Weekend

Today was a fun and relaxing day. We went to the Clark Ranch Rodeo. It was the first rodeo I've been to. We watched team branding and other such fun things. Meanwhile back at the base two of the staff members went on a horseback ride and came back engaged. Yeah!! Tonight we are all celebrating by having a movie night.

Yesterday was a day of hard work. We started it off by going to Pitchfork ranch and mowing. I push mowed for over half an hour before another girl pointed out the switch you flip to make the front wheels go on their own. Oh well, I got a work out. Mowing took all morning and when we finished I got the privilege of driving the riding mower back to the barn. I swerved all over the road but by the time I got to the barn I was doing a bit better. The riding mower wasn't the typical riding mower. It was one with two bars that you pull together in front of you to get it going. You then push both forward to go straight forward or pull them back to back up. If you push the right bar forward you go left and vice versa. You can pretty much spin in place eon the thing. When you are not used to the steering turning can be very jerky. Once we were back at base one of the guys and I went back to fixing the fence we had started working on the day before. Somehow I managed to survive all of this without feeling sore and I wasn't dead on my feet either. I sure slept good though.



Did I mention that I fried my nose somewhere in the midst of all that work? Everyone else wears their cowboy hats and I just go without despite their warnings. Today I was good though and wore a baseball cap. It was a little bit late though.



This morning I heard knocking on my door and when i opened it i was nearly run over by the overly friendly goats..




The horses randomly clump around on my front porch and peek in the windows...

1 comments:

Becky said...

bunch of red-neck hicks...
I'm just glad that Idaho isn't the most country base :)