Okay so it has been nearly a week since I last blogged and I should say something. Wednesday all of us girls attacked the kitchen. We cleaned the microwaves, the oven, the sink, the fridges, all the cupboards, the tables, the chairs, the floor, and painted the pantries. We had to finish some of it up Thursday morning. Thursday afternoon Rebekah, my roommate who arrived the night before, and I put together the MA staff notebooks. That evening my roommates and I went into Cody to go shopping only to discover that all the western stores were closed. We looked at the tourist western stores but the clothing was unbeleivably expensive. I finally bought a much needed pair of jeans at Wal-Mart. On Friday four of us went to the Pitchfork to mow some more. I weed-wacked for three hours without any sunblock or a hat. I got a burn again. Later that night a few of us drove out to the badlands to pic flowers for one of the girls who was coming back after being away a couple of days. Her and another guy on staff just got engaged a week ago so and he wanted to decorate her room for her return. Saturday a bunch of us went into Cody. This time all of the stores were opened except Verizon wireless. I bought me some wrangler jeans, long sleeved button down shirts a belt buckle, cowboy boots, cowboy hat, etc. Sunday was church followed by the Cody Powwow. Different native American tribes from Wyoming and Montana all met for a dance compitition. It was pretty cool though it got tirying after a while. Today started MA staff training so I sat in class all day basically. It has been good though. We are finally getting into a routine.
Next week will be the big Cody Rodeo and we are all helping out. That is why I needed all the western clothing they require you to wear them to the rodeo. Anyhow, the following week our first group of teens will be coming in. It is a very small group only seven kids and four youth leaders. Sometime in the next couple weeks one of the goats here will have kids and in late July or early August one of the mares is gonna foal.
In other news, the one horse that Dave bought a couple weeks ago and then found to be lame but could not return, is doing well. He shows no sign of limping and I believe he is a very sweet horse. The staff kids found a couple of snakes and decided to keep them as pets. I have not seen them yet but I am not too worried since they have nothing to feed them. That is all the random news of the last week. Very exciting I know. Here are some pictures to make it less boring…
The Bad Lands
The Cody Powwow
Monday, June 23, 2008
Another Week Gone By
Posted by Alissa at 7:42 PM
Labels: Life at WF
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment