Yesterday was of course Monday. There was no one around to assign me any work for preparing for Mission Adventures so I went out with Tina to clean a trailer. The Pastor of Meeteetse Community Church asked her to clean it out for a lady in California who rented it out but had evicted the previous renters. How hard could it be right? Wrong! We spent the whole day cleaning the OUTSIDE. That is right we never even went inside. One of the four kids who lived there apparently like demolition and had smashed some for plastic thing into tiny peices and spread those pieces throughout the yard. Toys were partially buried. Broken toys and chairs and who knows what were strewn about. Out back there was an old wash machine, a bike, wood with nails sticking out, a shattered window, two disassembled toilets, and other unidentifiable junk. I probably spent a good half an hour just cleaning up nails that had been dumped out back and were spread out over a rather large area. When I finished that I then cleaned up the glass form the shattered window sitting out back and glass from the window of the trailer that someone must have thrown something out through. The grass was so tall the lawn mower couldn’t handle it so we weed wacked. We ended the day by crawling on our bellies under the porch to dig out the trash they had apparently stashed there. Someone had an addiction to Pepsi and felt the cans were too precious to get rid of. Luckily we never ran into any snakes or rats, just a huge cat that dug it's way up into the insulation under the trailer. Apparently we are getting paid by the hour to do this so I can't complain too much.
Today I did whatever needed doing like cleaning rooms and making beds for the summer staff that are coming in this week. MA staff training starts next week and then my life will probably get down to a routine of some sort.
Most of the staff are out and about tonight except for Dave and Molly Graybill and two guys. The Graybills decided to save me form whatever meal the boys might concoct and invited me for dinner at their house. Afterword we went out hunting gofers and prairie dogs that are digging up the horse pasture and making it hazardous. Dave bought smoke bombs that he lit and through in the holes in hopes that it would bring the pests out so he could shoot them. It didn’t work but upon discovering that I had never shot before Dave decided to give me a lesson. So I got to shoot horse poop with a semi-automatic nine millimeter gun. Quite fun. Now I am just chilin; waiting for my ears to stop ringing...
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Back To Work
Posted by Alissa at 10:46 PM
Labels: Life at WF
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment