Yesterday I met my fellow YWAMers and hung out at the base. Some people went to mow some person's place and some went horse shopping. I got settled into my room, met all the animals and most of the people, watched a movie and socialized. The highlight of my day would be watching one of the guys hogtie a staff kid with the help of the boy's sister who then put peanut butter on his head and called the dog over to lick it off. Once his face was clean the boy was able to work himself free and go chasing after his sister.
Soon after, some of the staff returned from shopping with two half starved geldings. There has been some disagreement as to their age but everyone agrees that they are old. They seem like nice horses though. After the horses were settled in I got to be amused by a couple of the guys trying to lasso each other. Apparently that is one of their only sources of entertainment out here. I have been forewarned not to wear shorts unless I have something leather up to my knees. Shorts and cowboy boots…scary.
This morning I went to Meeteetsee Community Church. It is a very small church. There were twenty-six people there and seven of them were from Western Frontiers. During meet and greet time everyone converged in the middle aisle and i got to meet everyone except the pastor who I met after the service. After singing a couple hymns a guy wearing jeans and a black T-shirt came up to do announcements which he read form a clipboard without using a microphone. He then asked for praise reports and several people shared. Then he asked for prayer requests and wrote down notes on his clipboard. After that he prayed over everything he had written down. It felt like a church small group as apposed to a formal service. After he prayed we sang some more songs and then the pastor came and gave a wonderful message about how God has given us authority to heal the sick, raise the dead, etc. It was a really great service. the church seems really close knit with the YWAM base. A lot of the people from the church helped with Western Frontiers' Rodeo Bible Camp this past week and I had heard many of their names mentioned in conversation around the base. I even met the pastor's wife yesterday at the base without knowing it.
I have the rest of the day free. I am not sure what I will be doing. Some people are going riding but I am not ready to just saddle up and ride out. I need some time to get used to riding again and make sure I have not forgotten anything important.
Tomorrow starts normal living. I am not sure what that will look like but I am sure it will be exciting.
Sunday, June 8, 2008
My New World
Posted by Alissa at 3:43 PM
Labels: Life at WF
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Hey! It sounds like you are having a wonderful time! -Dad
Post a Comment