I don't really have anything exciting to report, just the normal day to day stuff. I wouldn't want anyone to think i had fall en off the face pf the earth so I shall bore with with the tales of my life in Wyoming. That is what this blog is for after all.
Yesterday a couple of us cleaned out the red barn and reorganized it so we can get to stuff more easily. We found all sorts of interesting stuff in there. I have been working on setting up the Prayer Room. According to the sign on the door the room used to be some for DTS staff room and was full of all sorts of odds and ends. We cleaned it out for the most part and will try to make what remains there look nice. Right now there is nothing in their but we are just trying to get a picture in our head of what it will look like. I have made a list of the supplies we will need and the next step is to see what we have and what we will need to buy. We also need to figure out exactly how we want to room set up. The plan is to have different stations in the room. One for communion and one area where they can draw or write on paper on the wall whatever God leads them to write, another area where they can write down verses that God gives the or that are special to them and pin them up. On the internet we found a few different ideas that we might do. One is where you cut paper in people shapes and label some Jesus and leave the others blank to represent whoever uses them and you have hole punches with different sins written on them such as anger, lies, abuse, etc. the idea is that a person goes in and takes a person representing them and they take whatever hole punch has a sin on t that has been done to them and they punch a hole in their paper person. When they have used all the hole punches that apply to their life they then glue a cut out person labeled Jesus on top of their person to show how God makes them whole again. Another station we might do is where you write your sins on a flat pebble with washable marker and then you put it in a bowl of water and it will wash away representing how God washes away our sins. We also might do a station where you right on a block the name of someone you know that you feel God is leading you to pray for and you them leave the block in the prayer room with that person's name on it and you take a paper with you that says I so and so commit to pray for so and so form such and such a date to such and such a date.
So that is what I am busy with of late. I also do random other chores like this morning I looked up lyrics for some worship songs on line and then copied them into a document and printed them out. I did some other random stuff to. Right now is a staff meeting for the full time staff so I am free.
The weather has been nice; it tends to be very windy here. There were supposed to be snow flurries last night and the high today was only supposed to be in the upper forties but it isn't that bad out. They moved the snow flurries back to tonight. Apparently it has snowed on the fourth of July before but usually it is warmer this time of year.
The two hour time difference form home has not been a problem for me. I stay up until about 11 which would be 1:00 at home and get up around 7:30. I am not sure how that ended up happening I guess because I stayed up until nearly 1:00 the first night here so I just kind of got used to being up late. If only I could figure out how to sleep in a little later. The sun rise is bright and shines in my window and all the animals come to life so I just wake up. I am not tired so that is okay for now. In a couple of weeks life is going to get crazy and then sleep will be precious. For now i will enjoy my leisure days.
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Day To Day
Posted by Alissa at 5:07 PM
Labels: Life at WF
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment