it occurred to me a few days ago that if i am going to be receiving support money out here that I need a bank account. yesterday i brought up my dilemma to one of the staff. All of sudden she got really excited and started giving me this spiel about Bank of the West. She told me about the free checking and free book of checks and free debit card and the way she talked you would think she had been rehearsing this spiel for hours. She concluded by informing me that she knew all fo this because seh had jsut been at the bank that morning and had been told all of this information and, most importantly if you refer someone to the bank you get a free teddy bear. Ah ha, the hidden motive. I knew something was up.
This afternoon she drove me to the bank and very excitedly told the lady what was going on. Within a short time i had a new checking account set up, checks and a debit card on the way, and she and i both had our own little stuffed teddy bear. To top it all off the bank was having a special deal this month for new people. If you set up an account you instantly receive $25 and if you use your debit card ten times in the next 45 days you receive another $25 dollars. There were a couple of other deals too but they did not apply to me. How cool is that? i got a checking account, free checks, a debit card, a teddy bear, and free money!! I am so excited i had to share with all of you!
Oh wait! there's more! Today i talked with our book keeper who only comes in once a week about putting me on the list of people to receive money here so my support checks can be processed. Surprise, surprise she already new I needed added because she had support checks for me that I knew nothing about!! I have money! good thing I have a checking account now eh?
Friday, September 26, 2008
Mo Money, Mo Problems
Posted by Alissa at 6:40 PM
Labels: Life at WF
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Alissa,
You are becoming a better writer, your posts are more fun and entertaining all the time. I will try to send you something more before the end of the year -Dad
Post a Comment