Ahhhhhh!!! Where does time go? It is, I do believe, week six of this DTS which means the lecture phase is half over. It doesn't seem possible. We are working on visas now and talking about outreach. Scary.
Last Friday we went into Cody for the day and helped with the construction of a house for Habitat for Humanity. I discovered that I waist way to many nails to bother hammering and that houses in the US take a lot more work then the ones in Mexico.
On Saturday we chilled and some people slept late into the afternoon. Others stayed up all of Friday night watching movies and then stayed up all day Saturday and late into Saturday night. It is amazing what sugar enables you to do. Lets just say they were a bit scattered and very hiper. I went into wal-mart in the afternoon and got my ear repierced. The next day after church at least two girls got their ears pierced. Oops. Actually they did not know that I had pierced mine until they asked about how much it would cost and if they did it at wal-mart so it really had nothing to do with me getting mine done.
This week is horsemanship week. Instead of lectures the students ride around and learn stuff about horses and what not. All the other lecture week i have sat in but it gets rather boring watching people work their horses for hours on end. Thankfully at 11:00 i suddenly thought about lunch and maybe i could help. I mentioned it to a couple of the students and they informed me that everyone who would normally cook was gone. Forget about helping I was gonna have to cook. A couple of the students did not have horses to ride so they came with me. I am so glad I thought of that because it would have been a sad day otherwise. The stress of not having an official cook. So far we've survived.
In other news, Wal-mart is sending me another camera and it shoudl arrive by the end of the month. Yeah!!
Monday, September 22, 2008
Half-way Gone
Posted by Alissa at 6:03 PM
Labels: DTS, Life at WF
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment