CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 18, 2008

An Ugly Fence Post And An Empty Box

To Begin this story I must first apologize for my lengthy silence. It is not that there is nothing going on, quite the contrary there is too much happening to take the time to write. So sorry but blogging is simply not my priority.

This morning for intercession we all went out in search of treasures. We began by praying about where we should go and then when God gave us a place we would each head there and see what He had for us, whether it was to move onto another spot or soemthing He wanted to speak to us or show us, etc. I first headed to a room next to where we have lectures and from there headed for the gate to the base because God kept bringing it to mind.

On my way down the long road i found myself distracted by the four fence posts i assisted in putting in the ground earlier this summer. These posts stood out because they were not stained brown but were an ugly grey color and still had nobs on them and compared to the others were quite honestly not so hot looking. Do i care? No they do their jobs and that is what matters. Where am i going with this? Well, as i paused by the fence posts i got this image in my mind. The image was of the one ugly fence post looking down the line of beautiful posts and then looking at itself and realizing that it did not belong. The fence post started complaining and thinking that it should leave becaus we quite obviously it was not good enough for its place in line. I laughed at the picture and thought to myself, "stupid post, I put you there if it had mattered what you looked like we would have made you beautiful. Who cares what you look like if you do the job? Seriously." I could practically hear God chuckling at me. Sudden revelation struck. I'm the ugly fence post. I just had to share that story because i think it is cool when God gives you a really good illustration that make you realise the truth about something.

The other excitement from the day. My camera finally came in the mail. So exciting. I opened the box all excited to see my beautiful bright yellow camera. Finally i could take pictures to last a life time and to remember all these awesome events by. I ripped out the packaging paper...I pulled the paper apart piece by piece...I felt around in the box...I pulled the shipping summary paper out...there was no camera, no bright yellow beauty, no pictures with which to remember my life by!!!!

2 comments:

Becky said...

You're a ugly fence post? seriously though, it's cool that God showed you that, and that such revelations/pictures/cool God stuff, is a normal part of the life of a YWAMer :)

Life as a Missionary said...

Wow Alissa, I never thought of you as an ugly fence post.. LoL I am going to read your blog every single day!!!!!!!! SO KEEP WRITING!!!!!