CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 20, 2009

Drawing To A Close

This has been my last week here in Wyoming and it has been a good one. It began with my finishing putting a bathroom back together that i painted last week. On Tuesday, for lack of anything better to do i followed Dave around and helped/watched him and Paul move a trailer and reballance it all perfectly and what not and then i got a lesson in changing tires. In the afternoon I went with the Graybill family into Billings. It brought back old memories of helping them with Mission Adventures last summer. I got to ride the two and a half hours in the back seat of their truck with their nine year old son and eleven year old daughter. I was rather entertianed by their constant annoyance of each other. I remember when i was that age.

In Billings we went to a worship and rock concert to hear Jeremy Camp and Mercy Me and some other bands I had never heard of but had heard some of their music. The concert was only ten dollars and was the beginning of their tour. The stadium was packed. I have not been around so many people in one place in quite a while.

That night we stayed in a hotel and the next morning, we checked out the pool and hot tub. It was so exciting. We spent most of the rest of the day in Billngs doing some shopping and got back to base late that night. My work week was severely shortened.

I find it interesting how nothing much happens around the base and then you go away for a day, ONE DAY and well. ... So I walked into the the kitchen the next morning to grab me some breakfast and there sits this dude, eatin his breakfast like he belongs there or something. I mean seriously. I was like, um I dont think i've met you. Why did it feel like i was the intruder? As it turns out Beau is a missions builder come to help out at the base he arrived the same afternoon i left for Billngs. I spent some of today following him around helping/watching him put in fence posts. Today I also got to slide around under Dave's truck and screw on bolts to random parts and what not. Whoo hoo, I am a mechanic...NOT

Tonight was my going away dinner. It was very yummy, i ate way too much. I had this vanilla ice cream made with soy on my apple pie (i had a piece that was an entire quarter of the pie) Do you have any idea how long it has been since i had ice cream and pie together? It was amazing.

Monday afternoon is when i will fly away from this beautiful, wondrous place back to the east coast. It is bitter sweet I guess you could say. I am excited to be moving into something new and to see what God has around the next corner but at the same time I am very sad to be picking up and moving on again. I am gonna miss it here, no doubt about it.

0 comments: