Oh the joys of flying. My first flight, from Rochester to Atlanta was delayed half an hour, not a big deal as long as I made it in time for my connecting fight to Salt Lake. For someone else perhaps it was a big deal, or perhaps he had been going for a while without a break, or someone was unkind to him. At any rate he was grumpy. I walked onto the plane with my small but fat backpack and large laptop case. The plane was a small one but the ticket lady thought my baggage would fit. I found my seat next to a nice friendly girl about my age. The backpack would not fit in the over head space so I put the lap top there and put the backpack under the seat in front of me, except it did not fit. When I looked back down the aisle it was crowded with people getting on. There was nothing I could do. Finally everyone was seated and the steward was walking the aisle. That was when he spotted the bag. As I mentioned before, he was grumpy. He told me to shove it under the seat. I told him it did not fit. He then said that in that case I should put it below. Then he said that I could at least try to shove it under. I told him I had. He then went on to raddle off to me about I was endangering the person next to me and refusing to adhere to rules and regulations and blah blah blah. I managed to move the bag somewhat further under and he gave up. As he walked off the girl next to me giggled and said in a sarcastic tone, "I don’t understand, you are such a difficult customer." Somehow, by the end of the flight my charming demeanor had won the steward over and he seemed to regret his grumpiness.
I made all of my connecting flights without too much of a problem and am now enjoying a day of rest. I got in last night and completely unpacked and rearranged my room. I was up till about 3:00, which would be 5 back in New York. I still managed to be up for church this morning. It has been wonderful seeing all the students again and hearing about outreach and future pans. Tomorrow will start a regular day of debrief with schedules and everything. YEAH!!!
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Back In Wyoming
Posted by Alissa at 7:56 PM
Labels: DTS, Life at WF, Travels
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment