CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Labor

This week has been a week of cleaning up and getting ready. Oh yeah, and babysitting. Monday and Tuesday we cleaned up and put everything away from Mission Adventures. When we had that finished we began dong other random clean up jobs. I however was not around for a lot of that because from 8-2 Wednesday and Thursday i babysat for a three year old boy who is the son of a couple who live just out of town and are friends of people at the base and help out here sometimes. The mom was heloing with VBS this week and Tade refused to stay in the nursery when he knew she was in teh building.

The first day of babysitting was not as fun as the second because he was tired and dd not know me and wanted his mommy but we had a good time anyhow. During the first hour or so together he kept mentioning a cat named Fluffy and asking where she was. I had no idea of course and no one had mentioned that they owned a cat but oh well. later on that morning i heard meowing outside the door and he was all excited, "that's fluffy!" he exclaimed running toward the door. Now in my mind I pictured this kind of small thin kitty like hte one we have at base. I was wrong. I opened the door to find the biggest cat I had ever seen this thing was bigger then some of the dogs we have at base and it was indeed fluffy. It trotted into the house and wondered around for a little while until the boy grabbed it by its hind legs and drug it around the living room. fluffy decided to leave after that. Come to find out that apparently this is not actually their cat but Tade likes to let it inside anyhow. Now I know.

Yesterday was an all base work day and we worked hard. We split up into groups and dd differnt tasks. Kristina and i started out by moving a pile of wood. one heavy piece at a time. At first i was like, "Yes some physical exercise" After about half an hour I was thinking more along the lines of "I'm gonna die!!!" The logs we had been carrying my ourselves we started carrying together and then we started balancing three or four precariously on the wheel barrow to take them over. lunch could not come soon enough. we had pizza, I had to do surgery on mine because the new director's wife was not aware of my allergy otherwise she would have ordered me pizza with goats cheese because they have cool stuff like that out here. After lunch we all went to work clearing the wood and other junk behind the red barn. This time I left the heavy lifting for the boys so I would be alive today. After all you can only safely take so much aleve.

So today my neck hurts, my shoulders hurts, my back hurts, and my arms hurt, but it is not a bad hurt. it is just enough to let me know that I worked hard yesterday.

0 comments: