The last couple of days have been rather sad. Especially today. Chris, one of the MA staff, went home today. That was expected but Rebekah's changing her flight yesterday so that she would leave today instead of the end of the month was not expected. She was my last remaining roommate. Now I am alone.
Do to the DTS students coming soon I had to move. I am now down at the staff housing staying in the guest speaker room. I keep going to the wrong building and then having to walk all the way over here on the other side of the base to get to my room. right nowhtere are som any staff htat are away that i am prety much the only person in my building. The good thing is I have my own bathroom and shower and a microwave and toaster. Pity I have no food to put in them.
Today was cleaning day. there are lots of things that will be happening at he base soon. Things like donating the DTS trailer to the fir depaertment and burning it. We have to em[ty it of all worthwhile possessions and relocate the prayer room. We will all be working on finishing the new Admin building adn moving the offices over htere adn then completeing renovatinghte old office building into more housing. Today we had to put all the MA stuff away in the red barn and clean out the vans which get gross so quickly. We had to put the kitchen back in order; put away everything that went on outreach with us. Relocate the snack/gift shop and in the midst of everything say good bye. Now the only summer staff remaining are Josiah and me.
Right now two staff members are getting married in Michigan and some of the staff is there for the wedding. Two other staff people are in Californian for another wedding. So on base right now we have the director and his wife and two kids, one girl staff and one guy staff, the two summer staff, and a DTS student. There is another staff member who lives in town and is here a lot and an older couple that live on base and are usually around somewhere though I rarely see them.
I am sorry that there are rarely ever any pictures my camera's screen is blinking from seeing what I am taking a picture of to a blank yellow screen and unless I time it pefectly i end up with yellow pictures and it blinks so fast it is pretty much hopeless. oh well that is what facebook is for. Other people take pictures and put them on Facebook and I steal them. Muahahaha!!
I occasionally go back and add some pictures to my old posts so go back and look.
Monday, August 4, 2008
Adjustment
Posted by Alissa at 10:55 PM
Labels: Life at WF, Mission Adventures
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment