My last day in PA is drawing to a close. I have packed my bags as well as my boxes that will be shipped. Next on the agenda is squeezing my belongings into the trunk of my car. My room looks very empty and deserted,except for of course the big pile of junk on the floor that needs to be relocated to my car.
This week I have said my goodbyes to family, friends, coworkers, and my residents at work. It was all much harder then i thought it would be, or maybe I just did not really think about it. A couple of my residents were in tears when they realized it was the last time they would see me. There was no way to soften the goodbye, promising to visit next time I am in the area would likely seem more like a cruel joke then an easier goodbye to someone in their late nineties whose health is quickly declining.
On a happier note... it is time for new and exciting things in a new place!!! Tomorrow morning my mom, step dad and I will take my car up to NY where we will see some friends and go to my sister and her husband's reception in Lima on Saturday. Then Becky, Duane and I will take my car to Olean to stay with some relatives Sunday and then Monday we begin our road trip to CO!
BY this time next week I will be...NOT in CO yet, but getting close.
Wednesday, July 27, 2011
Road Trip!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment