Hey look it is me!! Aren't you excited and thrilled to know that I yet live on in this world? Blogging really isn't my thing, just in case you did not catch onto that yet. Regardless, I thought I should get on and let everyone who actually bothers to read this blog know what I am up to.
First, a quick review of the last year: Last summer and some of the fall I was in New York at Elim Bible Institute. I was rather sick for most of the fall semester and ended up leaving early. I came to live in PA with my Mom and step dad lat November. In January I finally got a job working as a housekeeper at a retirement facility in nearby Lititz. All of this you are probably already aware of but some things have changed in the last couple of months. As much as I liked my job as a housekeeper and the hours and benefits that went with it I was a bit bored and in July I decided to take a risk and leave my job to get training to be a certified nurse aid. As it turned out my boss liked me so much that he put in a word for me with the Director of Nursing at the home and they hired me to work there as a nurse aid as soon as I finished my three and a half weeks of training. I graduated my CNA class on August 25 and began my new job the following Monday. I also have been taking a class at HACC, although I am not sure what I am working towards or if I am even working towards anything.
Presently, I am being pathetic sitting at home in my pjs going stir crazy. Last Sunday and Monday I had a sore throat which on Tuesday turned into the sniffles and on Wednesday became a full blown head cold. When I called in sick Thursday I was told to go to the doctor, so, even though i thought i was getting better, i went. It turns out I was actually sicker then I realized. I have bronchitis and the doctor was a bit concerned about the possibility of pneumonia. She put me on antibiotics and an inhaler. I slept the whole weekend and am finally starting to feel human again though I have yet to really cough which is definitely not a good thing. I go back to the doctor again this afternoon. Hopefully I can go back to work tomorrow.
That should pretty much bring you up to speed with my life. Wait, not quite, I am hoping, though it is not definite yet, to go to Guatemala with a team of women from my church this March. We will be going with Orphan Resources International to work at orphanages. I am very excited. I will have to update you as I find out more.
Monday, October 18, 2010
Well What Do You Know?!
Posted by Alissa at 9:34 AM
Labels: Elim, Life in PA, Quatemala, Travels, Work as a CNA
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
excited to see ya back! LOL! Not like I do a lot better, but hey, what can I say?! Love ya!
Post a Comment